Whole Hog Rules
- Hog must weigh a minimum of 40 pounds dressed with head intact.
- Contestant must provide their own hog.
- Hog to be inspected by meat inspector prior to applying any rubs, marinades or injections.
- Contestant may use any rubs, sauces or injections as deemed appropriate.
- Hog must be cooked on site using wood and/or charcoal.
- Judging is based on 5 different cuts from the hog.
- Cuts must be removed from hog & put into provided tray with no further cooking.
- A member of the Hog Patrol will be present 1 hour before turn in to observe
- Blind judging by certified KCBS judges.
- Turn in time 11:00 AM at judge’s area. KCBS rules apply.
- Special containers will be supplied and the left side marked.
- Enough for 6 samples of the 5 different cuts must be entered.
- No garnish. Meat only to be in tray.
- The 5 cuts are to be placed from left to right as follows: shoulder, loin, rib meat, bacon/belly and ham.
Aloha to the Pig!
BBQ Competition and Cook-off
Sept. 20 – 22, 2019